Big Bend Chat

Big Bend Community => What's Happening => Topic started by: Joe on July 05, 2006, 10:34:45 AM

Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: Joe on July 05, 2006, 10:34:45 AM
How about another semi-irregular Big Bend Chat party at the Flying Saucer in San Antonio?

Saturday, July 8, 8 p.m.

Flying Saucer (http://www.beerknurd.com), 11255 Huebner Road, next to Half Price Books and just east of I-10.

Look for us on the patio!
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: Casa Grande on July 05, 2006, 12:37:36 PM
joe, you going to be there?  I've got company in town this weekend, but I think I can break away from it a little while.....  :D
Title: Party
Post by: Joe on July 05, 2006, 03:33:12 PM
Yeah, I'll be there, David. I'm in San Antonio until Sunday morning when I go back to Alpine. I think Chisos Muse and PJ Jon will also be there, and who knows who else may show up.  It would be great if you could make it.
Title: Re: Party
Post by: SHANEA on July 05, 2006, 03:36:27 PM
Quote from: "Joe"
I'm in San Antonio until Sunday morning


Are you not having withdrawl symptoms?
Title: withdrawal
Post by: Joe on July 05, 2006, 03:52:39 PM
Quote from: "SHANEA"
Are you not having withdrawl symptoms?


This is the second time I've been back to San Antonio since I moved to Alpine.  The first time I experienced more culture shock (going from a town of ~7000 to a city of over a million).  

Alpine is cool and quiet, except for the damned trains blowing their whistles.  Almost nobody's in a hurry, and when I drive down the street people wave at me instead of giving me the finger for going too slow.

This time the culture shock wasn't so bad, but I'll be glad on Sunday to see SA in my rear-view mirror.
Title: Re: withdrawal
Post by: chisos_muse on July 05, 2006, 07:14:29 PM
Quote from: "Joe"
Quote from: "SHANEA"
Are you not having withdrawl symptoms?


This is the second time I've been back to San Antonio since I moved to Alpine.  The first time I experienced more culture shock (going from a town of ~7000 to a city of over a million).  

Alpine is cool and quiet, except for the damned trains blowing their whistles.  Almost nobody's in a hurry, and when I drive down the street people wave at me instead of giving me the finger for going too slow.

This time the culture shock wasn't so bad, but I'll be glad on Sunday to see SA in my rear-view mirror.


Ahhhh.....I'm envious, but very happy that you are loving your new home! :D

Nothing like seeing San Antonio in your rear view mirror heading towards the WTTPBBR! :lol:

Yes, Musey and PJ will be at the Saucer! 8)
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: Casa Grande on July 05, 2006, 07:38:29 PM
i believe sarah and i will be there, but only for an hour or so :(
Title: All right!
Post by: Joe on July 05, 2006, 07:47:55 PM
Quote from: "David Locke"
I believe sarah and i will be there(


All right!  :D
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: BrettinSanAntonio on July 06, 2006, 11:31:48 PM
Hello all. I think I can make this one. I just returned from Big Bend and Fort Davis with the family last night. It was a great trip minus the speeding ticket in Junction for 86 in an 80.  I'll post pics and a report soon.
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: chisos_muse on July 07, 2006, 07:48:59 AM
Quote from: "BrettinSanAntonio"
Hello all. I think I can make this one. I just returned from Big Bend and Fort Davis with the family last night. It was a great trip minus the speeding ticket in Junction for 86 in an 80.  I'll post pics and a report soon.


Wayyy cool! :D

So we all get a "live" trip report! See you there....
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: TheWildWestGuy on July 07, 2006, 10:41:35 PM
You got a ticket for 86 in an 80?  Wow that's Penny-Ante to get a ticket for such a minor offense.  Might I ask how much is it?  Seems like maybe $60 would be "fair".  TWWG
Title: Minimum Ticket
Post by: Al on July 07, 2006, 10:51:48 PM
Probably closer to $150.

Al
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: BrettinSanAntonio on July 08, 2006, 10:21:16 AM
Quote from: "TheWildWestGuy"
You got a ticket for 86 in an 80?  Wow that's Penny-Ante to get a ticket for such a minor offense.  Might I ask how much is it?  Seems like maybe $60 would be "fair".  TWWG


The fine is $145. I'll probably request deferred adjudication or defensive driving. I was a bit surprised he bothered with 86 in an 80 but I am guilty as charged. I had my cruise control set at 84 mph and I think it drifted a bit over. The officer works for Kimble County and was driving a new Dodge pickup truck with all the fancy police lights and markings but I have to admit, I never saw him until he was behind me.

The new 80 MPH speed limit on I-10 is sweeeeeet!
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: Casa Grande on July 08, 2006, 10:24:07 AM
Quote from: "BrettinSanAntonio"
Quote from: "TheWildWestGuy"
You got a ticket for 86 in an 80?  Wow that's Penny-Ante to get a ticket for such a minor offense.  Might I ask how much is it?  Seems like maybe $60 would be "fair".  TWWG


The fine is $145. I'll probably request deferred adjudication or defensive driving. I was a bit surprised he bothered with 86 in an 80 but I am guilty as charged. I had my cruise control set at 84 mph and I think it drifted a bit over. The officer works for Kimble County and was driving a new Dodge pickup truck with all the fancy police lights and markings but I have to admit, I never saw him until he was behind me.

The new 80 MPH speed limit on I-10 is sweeeeeet!


that is such bullcrap


on another note....looking forward to this evening!
Title: party
Post by: Joe on July 08, 2006, 10:35:44 AM
Quote from: "David Locke"
....looking forward to this evening!


Me too!  I think there'll be at least seven of us there...remember, all you San Antonio-area Big Benders -

Saturday, July 8, 8 p.m.

Flying Saucer (http://www.beerknurd.com), 11255 Huebner Road, next to Half Price Books and just east of I-10.

Look for us on the patio!
Title: Re: party
Post by: chisos_muse on July 08, 2006, 11:29:46 AM
Quote from: "Joe"
Quote from: "David Locke"
....looking forward to this evening!


Me too!  I think there'll be at least seven of us there...remember, all you San Antonio-area Big Benders -

Saturday, July 8, 8 p.m.

Flying Saucer (http://www.beerknurd.com), 11255 Huebner Road, next to Half Price Books and just east of I-10.

Look for us on the patio!


HellYeah! :D

All you SA Benders or in any surrounding area......come join the FUN! :D
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: Bluetex on July 08, 2006, 02:03:54 PM
Sounds like a good time!! To bad I have to work till 9 :(  I really want to make it to next one and meet some of you fine people.  Y'all have fun!!!
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: WL2 on July 08, 2006, 02:13:56 PM
I was thinking...with a bit of planning a group get together in GRUENE would allow those in Austin, San Marcos, San Antonio and maybe a few others to attend with a reasonable drive.
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: Bluetex on July 08, 2006, 03:42:50 PM
Quote from: "WL2"
I was thinking...with a bit of planning a group get together in GRUEN (sp?)would allow those in Austin, San Marcos, San Antonio and maybe a few others to attend with a reasonable drive.


I like it!

PS "gruene"
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: jeffblaylock on July 08, 2006, 05:04:56 PM
Save me a seat!
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: Casa Grande on July 08, 2006, 05:09:32 PM
Quote from: "WL2"
I was thinking...with a bit of planning a group get together in GRUENE would allow those in Austin, San Marcos, San Antonio and maybe a few others to attend with a reasonable drive.



we must be on the same wave length  8)
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: chisos_muse on July 08, 2006, 05:49:55 PM
Quote from: "WL2"
I was thinking...with a bit of planning a group get together in GRUENE would allow those in Austin, San Marcos, San Antonio and maybe a few others to attend with a reasonable drive.


Excellent idea! :D  I've never been to Gruene either. I was talking to Jon about going there recently.

We'll be there too!
It really is a great time with wonderful people :D
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: chisos_muse on July 08, 2006, 05:51:15 PM
Quote from: "jeffblaylock"
Save me a seat!



Tonight or in Gruene? Either way.....AWESOME! 8)
Title: party
Post by: Joe on July 08, 2006, 06:21:39 PM
How about a party in Alpine at the Railroad Blues (http://www.railroadblues.com) on Labor Day Weekend Sunday?  The Pinche Gringos (http://www.terlinguamusic.com/Gringospg.htm) are playing!
Title: Re: party
Post by: chisos_muse on July 08, 2006, 06:26:40 PM
Quote from: "Joe"
How about a party in Alpine at the Railroad Blues (http://www.railroadblues.com) on Labor Day Weekend Sunday?  The Pinche Gringos (http://www.terlinguamusic.com/Gringospg.htm) are playing!


I'm already there BABY! The Pinche Gringo's are my favorite West Texas band! :D
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: Casa Grande on July 08, 2006, 11:51:43 PM
ok..i.'m the first one home..everyone check in please!  ugh....gotta  run to the bathroom!  good meeting e veryone...what a  bunch of great folks...jeff, brett, joe...great to meeet ya!

 \:D/

everyonhe else needs to show up nexst time!

holy shit, i'm still effed
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: chisos_muse on July 09, 2006, 01:01:24 AM
Well.....it was the party to be at! If you are a hardcore BENDER, of course! :D  I'm sure one of many more to come. YES, as Big Daddy has said, some great people! Love to do it again, anytime! 8)
Lest we forget those who may be a bit too far away? :roll:

(http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/padme919/BBC7-06007.jpg)

(http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/padme919/BBC7-06008.jpg)

(http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/padme919/BBC7-06016.jpg)

(http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/padme919/BBC7-06012.jpg)

(http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/padme919/BBC7-06009.jpg)

(http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/padme919/BBC7-06010.jpg)

(http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/padme919/BBC7-06021.jpg)
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: jeffblaylock on July 09, 2006, 01:03:27 AM
Great meeting y'all. Can't wait to explore our favorite place on earth together sometime soon ....

David, next round's on me. Muse, great pix, except some of us look a little toasty for some reason ......
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: chisos_muse on July 09, 2006, 01:05:34 AM
Quote from: "jeffblaylock"
Great meeting y'all. Can't wait to explore our favorite place on earth together sometime soon ....

David, next round's on me. Muse, great pix, except some of us look a little toasty for some reason ......


Ya think? :roll:

I'm STILL toasty! :lol:

Hope everyone else made it home safe too..... :D
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: jeffblaylock on July 09, 2006, 01:08:41 AM
A color-corrected, Photoshop-enhanced rendition of the last photo:

(http://www.jeffblaylock.com/pix/saucer7-08.jpg)
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: chisos_muse on July 09, 2006, 09:24:51 AM
Hey that's great, Jeff! :D

I'm going to have to get me that fancy Photoshop one of these days...
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: Casa Grande on July 09, 2006, 09:55:28 AM
ugh....looks like I had a little too much fun last night  :-&
Title: Last Night
Post by: Joe on July 09, 2006, 10:14:42 AM
Great time last night!  It was nice to meet a few more of you face-to-face.

And thank you, David!
Title: Can't Resist...
Post by: SHANEA on July 09, 2006, 01:08:45 PM
Ok, I can't resist.  I'm addicted.  I need to get into the BIBE recovery group - the equiv. of AA.  My hands are constantly shaking.   I'm lurking in the shadows.  Just can't resist posting a huge thankyou to everyone at the party last night especially AKA Ms. Kitty AKA Chisos_Muse, I'm just touched that I was there in spirit and in picture!   Wish I could have been there, but alas it's an awfully long and expensive haul from here.  Maybe next time.  But Alas, I really was there! 8)  Sorry I couldn't make the conference call, but I was having my own party at the time... :shock:  For some reason my ears were burning all night long  :oops:  

OK, I'm going back into the shadows again.  Toss me a sandwich every once in a while.  I'm playing Dick Cheeney - at an undisclosed secret location...   :lol:   (now, that is funny D-I-C-K - the name of our VP is considered a nasty word on the automated chat board sniffer and changes it to duck).

But, while I'm here - where the heck is BOBCAT and VIPER and NEKKID MAN and a few others.  Ya'll need to mount up a search and rescue team.
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: SA Bill on July 09, 2006, 06:56:19 PM
Looks like you all had a good time!!! I had some family stuff last night...maybe next time. I like the idea of a Gruene get together.
   Bill
Title: Re: Can't Resist...
Post by: chisos_muse on July 09, 2006, 07:59:29 PM
Quote from: "SHANEA"
Ok, I can't resist.  I'm addicted.  I need to get into the BIBE recovery group - the equiv. of AA.  My hands are constantly shaking.   I'm lurking in the shadows.  Just can't resist posting a huge thankyou to everyone at the party last night especially AKA Ms. Kitty AKA Chisos_Muse, I'm just touched that I was there in spirit and in picture!   Wish I could have been there, but alas it's an awfully long and expensive haul from here.  Maybe next time.  But Alas, I really was there! 8)  Sorry I couldn't make the conference call, but I was having my own party at the time... :shock:  For some reason my ears were burning all night long  :oops:  

OK, I'm going back into the shadows again.  Toss me a sandwich every once in a while.  I'm playing duck Cheeney - at an undisclosed secret location...   :lol:   (now, that is funny D-I-C-K - the name of our VP is considered a nasty word on the automated chat board sniffer and changes it to duck).

But, while I'm here - where the heck is BOBCAT and VIPER and NEKKID MAN and a few others.  Ya'll need to mount up a search and rescue team.



 :lol:  :lol: You make me laugh!

Regarding the picture of you....I had Alpine Joe print it from his computer, and frame it. It was great having you there! :D You're always with us in spirit... 8)

You keep lurking, and I'll make the sandwiches! Tell us more about your party! :wink:
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: homerboy2u on July 09, 2006, 08:04:08 PM
Quote from: "SA Bill"
Looks like you all had a good time!!! I had some family stuff last night...maybe next time. I like the idea of a Gruene get together.
   Bill


SA Bill: I was hoping to see you in those pictures with your spinal-telescope-pinch nerve contraption.....But, i can understand. :(
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: BrettinSanAntonio on July 09, 2006, 09:48:15 PM
Quote from: "chisos_muse"
Well.....it was the party to be at! If you are a hardcore BENDER, of course! :D  I'm sure one of many more to come. YES, as Big Daddy has said, some great people! Love to do it again, anytime! 8)
Lest we forget those who may be a bit too far away? :roll:

(http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/padme919/BBC7-06007.jpg)



LOL...someone mentioned last night that your glass was a little low. After seeing this photo I have to agree but I love the picture!
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: SA Bill on July 09, 2006, 09:51:12 PM
Yeah...I was hanging in it here at the house...that's why I wasn't there.  I'm an inch taller already!  :lol:
   Bill
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: BrettinSanAntonio on July 09, 2006, 09:51:46 PM
I made it and felt pretty good this morning. I think you guys were a few beers in front of me. Funny thing though...I did feel like I had a frog in my throat. Or at least the taste of a frog.

Quote from: "David Locke"
ok..i.'m the first one home..everyone check in please!  ugh....gotta  run to the bathroom!  good meeting e veryone...what a  bunch of great folks...jeff, brett, joe...great to meeet ya!

 \:D/

everyonhe else needs to show up nexst time!

holy shoot, i'm still effed
Title: Yet Another San Antonio Flying Saucer Party
Post by: BrettinSanAntonio on July 09, 2006, 09:53:58 PM
Ditto. I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting everyone! We must make this a regular occurance.

Quote from: "David Locke"
ok..i.'m the first one home..everyone check in please!  ugh....gotta  run to the bathroom!  good meeting e veryone...what a  bunch of great folks...jeff, brett, joe...great to meeet ya!

 \:D/

everyonhe else needs to show up nexst time!

holy shoot, i'm still effed
Title: party
Post by: Vince T on July 09, 2006, 11:56:08 PM
Looks like I missed a fun time...I was actually in Helotes last night (SA area) but we were having a family get together.  
We are going out of town on the 29th...so I'll miss the Gruene get together too, if that comes together.  Bummer...but one of these days!

Vince