Friends of Big Bend National Park
Big Bend Conservancy

Over-estimating your experience or under-estimating the terrain in a place like Big Bend can result in serious injury or death. Use the information and advice found here wisely. Climb/Hike/Camp/Drive at your own risk.

+-Calendar for sale

2020 Big Bend Chat Calendar

2020 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!

Hike up Emory Peak @ Big Bend National Park & Sample some songs!

• 2 Replies

Offline stingrey

• Animal Whisperer
  • Black Bear
  • Get busy living, or get busy dying.
    • US385
Hike up Emory Peak @ Big Bend National Park & Sample some songs!
« on: February 13, 2020, 06:21:15 PM »
Hey all! I'm trying my best to catch up on a number of things and still get to that thing we probably all have on our lists, the stockpile of photos and footage that we would like to get to in order to share it before it becomes obsolete/etc. In so doing I came across a piece that was long enough to pair to a good volume of some new tunes I am working on since I had YouTube nix many of my prior clips due to "copyright infringement." Now I've got my own tunes and I plan to make them better and better as time goes by, but for now bear with me or just turn down the volume although I am willing to bet there is at least one or three songs in this mix that many of us nature lovers can greatly enjoy.

The footage is from a past hike up one of the more challenging hikes that Big Bend has to offer. Have a great day and I hope you enjoy these tunes and scenery! I'd be honored if you consider sharing this or any of my other segments on your favorite social media platform as I'm trying to reach a subscriber base that allows me to monetize my YouTube content again. I had 100 subscribers just before that platform was revamped to where 1,000 are required for this purpose and for me everything I am doing is to try and help showcase wellness and nature and how they go together.

Forgive me if I'm still a bit off key or out of sync and understand that as with many of us I am a work in progress and that some simple constructive encouragement can go a long way when it comes to nurturing one another. Peace and have a great day wherever you are on your side of the screen!

Rey : )

Time is fleeting, like a song. Bringing us to ourselves, bringing me to you.
And if you try, you can save her. Keeping her on your shelves, but soon you'll be there too.

Offline rocketman

• Off-Grid Space Cadet
  • Golden Eagle
  • Diamondback
Re: Hike up Emory Peak @ Big Bend National Park & Sample some songs!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 06:40:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing Rey! This is awesome! I like how you're experimenting with different styles, sounds, and effects with the electric. I've always preferred my music a little on the raw side (which is why I like old school punk), and I thought I picked up some Pixies influence on a couple of your songs. Can you post a playlist so when I watch it again I can keep track of what I'm listening to?

Thanks, and keep it up man!  :great:
Making ice cubes FROM THE SUN!!!

Offline stingrey

• Animal Whisperer
  • Black Bear
  • Get busy living, or get busy dying.
    • US385
Re: Hike up Emory Peak @ Big Bend National Park & Sample some songs!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 03:30:29 PM »
Thanks so much! Believe it or not I was finally taking a good break from whatever prompted me to write and try to sing these songs (I've never really felt the want to sing anything in the past) and by chance my first day on the road sans guitar I was listening to the radio and they played this one song whose title I don't recall and after the song finished, by which time I was already hooked on the song, they said it was a Pixies song and that it was something from the past. I thought "huh, I need to listen to some new 'old' stuff" because growing up I only tuned into basically one rock station and didn't really get exposed to a very diverse music-scape on my journey. Overall I'm very excited about how these came together since prior to about 4 weeks ago I had not once used GarageBand or anything to put together music and vocals, but after hearing this now and again I KNOW I can do a lot more with what I seem to enjoy doing as a pastime using words and music.

Even this wildlife photography thing I play around with was not something I was exposed to as a kid, but to me wildlife, nature AND some powerful commentary might just need to go together in a way that maybe only a few of us might go for at first... Stay tuned! ;) My goal is to bring attention to conservation and wellness for all and my hurdles have been many in the world we are accustomed to but I have some pretty great friends who have supported this odd desire of mine. Thanks again for the feedback! I guarantee I will do better and better as these creations come to be. For all of what I recorded, uploaded and scheduled so far, I had in mind a deadline to make because of some upcoming events including a trip to Big Bend. These were as close to "ready" as I could get prior to leaving it behind for a bit and I wanted to have these uploaded so I could knock out a few other things that I've overlooked for a bit so far this year such as taxes before I get too far off the beaten path to work with those who I'll be working with over the next few days here.  The playlist for this set is as follows:

1 - Hi To You
2 - Severance
3 - Blind Sighted
4 - Social, Mi Día
5 - Mass on the Moon
6 - Away With Words
7 - Have You Decided
8 - Valley of the Ancients
9 - Lucid Dream
10 - Hindsight
11 - Mirror Mirror
12 - Inside My Mind
13 - We Were Friends

Thanks again! Feel free to share to any other groups who would appreciate hearing some new tunes and giving feedback on 'em, I used to have a monetized channel on YouTube before they upped their subscriber requirements. I was making a whopping $.03 per day with my 100 subscribers and now I need about 864 more subscribers to become monetized again. Every bit of income will help me at this point as I've foregone my corporate pay to try and pull my peers back into nature at every chance possible. I feel the corporate pull beckoning and yet... I might just have to write another song to try and postpone this situation somehow! :)
Time is fleeting, like a song. Bringing us to ourselves, bringing me to you.
And if you try, you can save her. Keeping her on your shelves, but soon you'll be there too.

©COPYRIGHT NOTICE

All photographs and content posted by members are to be considered copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be used for any purposes, commercial or otherwise, without permission.

+-Calendar For Sale

2020 Big Bend Chat Calendar

2020 BigBendChat Calendar on sale now!